Tuesday 28 October 2014

Winter is coming!

Hello again!

It's almost the end of October and here in the UK, it's getting much colder. Maybe for the locals it's not cold yet in terms of their standards but as a child of the equator region, it's freakin' cold to me right now! Lol. Anyways, with cold season comes coats, jumpers, cardigans and layering! I've been in the UK for about a year in total and nothing excites me more than layering clothes. It's too hot to layer in Malaysia.. so I am going to make full use of it while I'm still here! 

The main piece of layering clothes (to me) is the coat. There are tons of coats on sale/discounts available right now! If you're a student in the UK, i'm sure you've heard of Unidays. It's basically an app where you can get student discounts online and in-stores. Ah the perks of being a student ;) I've been seeing lots of shops doing 10% or more discounts right now on coats and knitwears and I'm here to share with you some of the items that I'm loving right now.

Lena Cocoon Coat (missguided.co.uk) 

I am loving cocoon coats right now! I've been seeing it everywhere; primark, topshop, etc. I've been thinking of adding more color to my always black wardrobe and this powder blue will be a statement on its own. The cocoon shape makes the coat looks snugly and *insert squeaky voice here* you feel all warm up inside *coughs back to normal voice*. Also, the shape of the coat makes it look as if there's a lot of room for you to layer & it's reasonably priced too! I just have one problem with this coat; I am tiny (standing at 5 ft short), I don't know whether this coat would flatter my body type but hey, thank god for returning policies! 

Parka (Zara)

This is for 'em rainy days. I love my wool coats a bit too much to let it be drenched with rain water. Anyways.. Zara can never disappoint. Although Zara is expensive, the quality of their products are top notch. The hood and fur is detachable if you're not feeling the swagness of it (am I the only who thinks fur adds so much swag?) 


If I were tall, I would be rockin' this coat like there's no tomorrow. Sadly, I'm not and this coat will just swallow me up :( There's something classic about a grey coat. I love the structure of this particular one, it's too bad that I can't pull this off (why? oh why don't I have long legs?) but fret not, now all I need to do is just find a coat that is similar to this but for petite girls. Let the hunt begin!

Tailored Coat (missguided.co.uk)

I saved the best for last. There's something about this colour that makes it look très chic. Every time I look at this coat, I keep falling more and more in love with the fit and sleekness of it. Out of all of my choices, this is at the top of my list!   

I think I'm going to go purchase the camel coat now..

Thanks for dropping by! 

xoxo,
rasya

6 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I know what you mean, everytime i go to the uk i'm freezing and that's a standard temperature for them!
    Anyway love them coats, especially the cocoon one!

    Would you like to follow each other on google+, bloglovin, instagram, etc? We love your blog!

    xx

    Http://robberscorner.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know right, to them it's normal temperature but for me, i'm already so cold! lol. Thank you for commenting & reading this post :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Amazing looks! It's spring here and it makes me miss even more the fresh days! =)
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wish that it's spring instead of winter! hehe.
      Thanks for dropping by!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. The camel coat is definitely my favorite! And I feel you about the grey.. too short for me also.

    http://myreverielane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. zara should seriously start a petite collection for us short girls!
      Thanks for dropping by!
      xoxo

      Delete