Saturday 25 October 2014

Yumsies: Avocado on Toast

Hi there!

I love avocados! Avocado on toast, avocado juice, avocado anything, really. I'm trying to do this thing where I try to eat healthier every day and let me tell you, it is the hardest thing to do. I'm Malaysian and we Malaysians love our rice. I like me some rice & starch & fried stuff and let's be honest, the most scrumptious food are the unhealthy ones. But I need to start taking care of my body and i'm taking this healthier approach one step at a time. Avocado is rich in antioxidants & healthy fats and it's a healthier substitute for butter (it sort of tastes and feels like butter to me, so yeay on that!)

Let me get back to the point of this post, I've seen so many recipes online on how to make avocado on toast. here is my own twist to it,
Ingredients: 

Steps:
Toast up your bread.
Cut the avocado into half and remove the pit.
Scoop out the avocado and place it in a bowl.

Add (a few squeezes?) juice of a lemon, salt and pepper into the avocado.
I added the chili oil in for a little kick. 


 
Mix & mash until smooth.


Spread the mixture onto the toasted bread and drizzle the chilli oil on top.
 

Voila! Your healthy snack is ready ;)

if you would like to take it to the next step, you can use Rye Bread instead of Ciabatta. I chose ciabatta because I'm not ready for rye bread yet, i still need ma carbs yo :P Lol.  
Enjoy!

xoxo,
rasya

No comments:

Post a Comment