Thursday 26 February 2015

Ramblings : The Ballet Post


I used to take ballet when I was younger. I remember when I was 8 years old and my mum told me that my neighbour took ballet class and she suggested that my sister and I to take it. At that time, I didn't know what it was. I didn't know what ballet was and did't think much of it. So, my mum took me and my sister to a dance studio and I was transfixed. There was a class going on and I saw girls in their pink tutus and ballet flats dancing gracefully. It was effortless. I was hooked and my mum signed my sister and I up. 


I did ballet for about 3 years and was madly in love. I am not ashamed to say this but I was good at it. I've never been the academia type. I didn't really get good grades but I had something that I was good at and that was ballet. My teachers loved me and I loved them. I remember getting excited for a class and wearing my pink leotards and tutu skirt and of course, the ballet flats. 



Sadly, my friends in school didn't think ballet was cool and I was teased for it. I stopped going to class and I remember my teachers would call my house phone and asking why wasn't I in class. I truly was sad and up until today, I regret leaving ballet. I regret stopping-- because of what people thought. I shouldn't have cared about what others thought of it. Regardless, I cherish my days of being a ballerina and now, I do things I love for me and not for others. Hey, maybe one day I could take up an adult ballet class & rejoice the feeling of joy I used to get when I did ballet. 



xoxo,
rasya.

No comments:

Post a Comment